Friday, we're rebroadcasting our conversation with Jad Abumrad, co-host of WNYC's Radiolab. The easiest way to explain Radiolab is to say it's a series on science, but that only scratches the surface. The show is highly regarded for its rich layers of sound and music and for making what could be rather dense topics accessible to the average listener. Abumrad joins us to talk about the craft of really good radio and to share some of the stories from the series. (Rebroadcast)
- Radiolab is coming to Salt Lake City! Jad Abumrad, Robert Krulwich and a host of creative friends will take the stage at Capitol Theatre for two performances -- on April 4th and 5th -- to explore what it's like to be "in the dark." The shows start at 7:30 p.m. To get your tickets, visit arttix.org.
- Radiolab is heard Sundays at 5:00 p.m. on KUER 90.1.
- It's KUER's Spring Fund Drive. To give your support to thoughtful, intelligent conversation, click here
Music from Today's RadioWest:
- Pantha du Prince, Asha
- Alva Noto, t3 (for dieter rams)
- Jad Abumrad, Counting in C (after T. Riley's In C) (Jad Abumrad Remix)