Mormons and Gays
Last week, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints launched a website that explores its position on "same-sex attraction." Some in the LGBT community see it as a baby step in the right direction: it calls for love and compassion, it asks Mormon families to support their LGBT sons and daughters and it invites gays and lesbians to remain in the church as long as they're not "yielding" to their sexuality. Monday, we invite you to react to the website and share what you think it means for Mormons and the LGBT community.
Guests and Resources from Today's Program
- LDS Church Website: Mormons and Gays
- Bradley Kramer, By Common Consent
- John-Charles Duffy, Miami University, Are Mormons Changing their Stance on Homosexuality?
- Kendall Wilcox, film project Far Between, Mormons Building Bridges
- Johnny Townsend, Op-Ed Piece at QueerMormon.com