The writer and architect Sarah Susankahas created a movement around the idea of finding a proper scale for the houses we inhabit, and the way she sees it, houses are the perfect metaphor for our lives. Her book, "The Not So Big Life," is also an idea: it's about living a life that's just the right size. We're rebroadcasting our conversation with Susanka on Friday, and it might provide some inspiration for those of you putting the final touches on your New Year's resolutions. (Rebroadcast)
Books and Music from Today's RadioWest:
- Sarah Susanka, The Not So Big Life: Making Room for What Really Matters
- Sarah Susanka, Not So Big Remodeling: Tailoring Your Home for the Way You Really Live
- Sarah Susanka, Inside the Not So Big House: Discovering the Details That Bring a Home to Life
- Sarah Susanka, The Not So Big House: A Blueprint for the Way We Really Live
- Podington Bear, "Wavy Glass"
- Isan, "Ship"
- Podington Bear, "The Dirt"