The LDS Church and Booze in Utah
Last week, the LDS Church posted a video supporting current Utah alcohol laws to their web site. But political observers say there's a relative dearth of bills aimed at reforming the regulations this legislative session, which left them wondering why the church is taking such a public stance on the issue. Wednesday, we’ll talk to representatives from the church about it. We’ll also hear from a state legislator, and talk with a panel of guests about the LDS Church’s influence in local and national politics.
- Ryan Wilcox (R) is a representative in the Utah House of Representatives for District 7 (Ogden).
- Robert Gehrke reports on government for the Salt Lake Tribune.
- David Campbell is a professor of political science at Notre Dame University and director of the Rooney Center for the Study of American Democracy.
- Mike Otterson is the Managing Director of Public Affairs for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
- Michael Purdy is Director of Public Affairs for the LDS Church.