Thursday, RadioWest is live at 7:00 p.m. from the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center. Our guest is the filmmaker Lucy Walker. Her documentaries include DEVIL'S PLAYGROUND, which followed Amish teens experimenting with life in mainstream America. Her most recent film is a meditation on life and healing as victims of the Japanese tsunami struggle to rebuild during cherry blossom season. Doug sits down with Walker and then we'll screen THE TSUNAMI AND THE CHERRY BLOSSOM.
- Listen to the live Q&A with Lucy Walker which followed the RadioWest and the Utah Film Center live broadcast from the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center.
- At 8:00 p.m., we'll screen The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom (39 minutes) followed by an audience Q&A with Lucy Walker.
- Visit us on Facebook for more information
Lucy Walker is best known for directing four feature documentary films: Devil’s Playground (2002), Blindsight (2006), Waste Land (2010) and Countdown to Zero (2010). Her most recent film is this short documentary The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom (2011), which premiered at Toronto 2011 and was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Documentary Short Subject. This is Walker’s second consecutive Oscar nomination. In 2011 she was nominated for Best Documentary Feature for Waste Land. Lucy was also a DJ and directed Nickelodeon’s Blue’s Clues, for which she was twice nominated for an Emmy.
- The Album Leaf, Drawing Mountains
- Zoe Keating, Sun Will Set
- from American Beauty: Original Motion Picture Score