Little Moon Sits at the Tiny Desk
In 2008, NPR Music created the Tiny Desk concerts — a video series of live concerts performed at the desk of “All Songs Considered” host Bob Boilen. What began as a simple and intimate performance has turned into somewhat of a “cult following.”
In 2014, they began an annual contest — inviting independent musicians to submit a video of one of their songs. Little Moon, a band from Springville, UT, entered the tiny desk contest four times. This year, they won with a song about death and faith. This weekend, they will record concert number 1,074 at Boilen’s desk. Today, we bring the lead vocalist of Little Moon, Emma Hardyman, into the studio to play a few songs for us, and we’ll talk about her band, their musical influences and the importance of music for connection and communication.
You can stream Little Moon’s music on Spotify and iTunes. Watch for their new album Dear Divine to be released soon. Follow their tour and updates on the Little Moon Instagram page.
- Bob Boilen | Creator and host of NPR’s All Songs Considered and Tiny Desk Concerts. @BobBoilen
- Emma Hardyman | Lead vocalist, guitarist and Founder for Little Moon.
- Nathan Hardyman | Guitarist and Bassist for Little Moon.
Little Moon band members include:
- Emma Hardyman—Lead vocals and guitar
- Nathan Hardyman —Guitar and bass
- Bly Wallentine—Bass and keys
- Bridget Jackson—Harp
- Chris Shemwell—Drums
- Grace Johnson—Keys and electric guitar
The Tiny Desk Concert Tour can be found here.
Airdate: Friday, May 19, 2023 at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.