VideoWest/Salt Lake Film Society
Utah is full of real stories and real characters that make this place unique. And it’s full of filmmakers ready to bring those stories to an audience. Are you one of them?
We’ll begin with a collection of films created in partnership with VideoWest, KUER’s online showcase of Utah shorts. We’ll follow it with an open-mic style screening … which means there are no pre-selections and no restrictions, except we’re asking for real stories about real people.
How to enter
- Make a documentary film that tells a real Utah story … under 6 minutes.
- Turn in your short documentary on June 9 by 7:00 p.m. at Tower Theatre (The day before the screening.)
- Filmmaker submission fee: $5
- Submit on DVD (we prefer one film per DVD, no menu)
- In the event that too many filmmakers submit, the films will be chosen by lottery.
- Submissions will be considered for an audience award, critic’s choice award and a SLFS/VideoWest pick. All submissions will be posted on the Salt Lake Film Society website and considered for a feature spot on KUER’s VideoWest
- Wednesday, June 10, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Tower Theatre, 876 E 900 S, Salt Lake City
- Parking at the Smith’s parking lot on 800 South 900 East.
- The evening will begin with screenings of VideoWest films from local filmmakers. After an intermission, we’ll screen the submitted films. Any adult content will be played later in the evening. This is an uncensored/unrated program and children under 18 years of age will not be permitted without a guardian. (They are welcome to submit films and attend! Just bring a parent.)