July 30, 2012 | News
The Future of Medicaid in Utah
Last month, the Supreme Court ruled that states can choose for themselves whether to expand Medicaid. In Utah, that would mean coverage for 50,000 uninsured people. Governor Gary Herbert has called federal health care reform "bad policy," but Utah is waiting until the 2013 legislative session to decide. Monday, KUER begins a series on the future of Medicaid in Utah and reporters Terry Gildea and Andrea Smardon join Doug to explore these questions: Can Utah afford to expand Medicaid? Can it afford not to?
- Follow KUER's Medicaid series here
- Terry Gildea is KUER's News Director.
- Andrea Smardon is a reporter with KUER News.
- Jason Cooke is Medicaid Policy and Research Director for Utah Health Policy Project
- Stan Rasmussen is Director of Public Affairs for The Sutherland Institute