Thursday, we begin our coverage of Sundance with the documentary Trophy. Filmmakers Shaul Shwarz and Christina Clusiau followed hunters, breeders, and conservationists to ask what we do to save the great species of the world from extinction. The high cost of trophy hunting trips to Africa often fund conservation efforts and communities, but critics say there’s a danger in treating animals like commodities. Schwarz and Clusiau join Doug to talk about that relationship between hunting and conservation.
Screening times for Trophy
- Friday, 1/20 at 5:15 p.m., Prospector Square Theatre
- Saturday, 1/21 at Noon, Temple Theatre
- Saturday, 1/21 at 9:00 p.m., Broadway Centre Cinema 6, Salt Lake City
- Sunday, 1/22 at Noon, Sundance Mountain Resort Screening Room
- Wednesday, 1/25 at 6:30 p.m., Redstone Cinema 1
- Friday, 1/27 at 2:30 p.m., Prospector Square Theatre