Napoleon Dynamite: The Film With All The Great Skills
Thursday, we're talking about Napoleon Dynamite. It became an instant cult classic when it premiered at Sundance fifteen years ago. The creative team behind “the little indie film that could” joins us talk about whatever we wanna talk about. Gosh!
Fifteen years ago, an independent film made by a bunch of BYU students premiered at Sundance, and it was an instant cult classic. The movie didn’t have a conventional plot or structure. Instead, it was a series of vignettes about an awkward high school student and his misfit friends and family. Of course, it’s Napoleon Dynamite. Thursday, the creative team behind “the little indie film that could” joins us talk about whatever we wanna talk about. Gosh!
- Darl Larsen is a professor in the media arts department and the Center for Animation at Brigham Young University.
- Jared Hess directed and co-wrote Napoleon Dynamite.
- Jerusha Hess co-wrote the film and did costume design.
- Jon Heder played the character of Napoleon.
- Jeremy Coon produced the film.
On Friday, May 3, at 7 p.m., the Utah Film Center is hosting a special 15th-anniversary screening of Napoleon Dynamite at East High School in Salt Lake City. Jared and Jerusha Hess, Jon Heder, Jeremy Coon, and many more members of the cast and crew of the film will be there. The event is a fundraiser for the Utah Film Center. MORE DETAILS