The Effect of the Mormon LGBT Policy
When the Mormon Church’s LGBT policy made headlines last November, it shocked a lot of people. Most mainstream Mormons have worked through it with official clarifications, but faithful LGBT members are still in pain and struggling to understand their place in the LDS Church. Critics say it’s also led to increased youth suicides, broken families, and mass resignations. Thursday, we’re talking about the effect of the policy at its one-year anniversary.
- Richard Holzapfel, Professor of Church History, Brigham Young University
- Active Mormon Brian Grimmett
- Kendall Wilcox, Documentary Filmmaker and LGBT Activist
- John Dehlin, Psychologist and host of the podcast Mormon Stories
- John Gustav-Wrathall, President of Affirmation, a support group for gay and lesbian Mormons.