2/22/12: Israel and Iran - A Dangerous Rivalry
It's difficult to remember a time when Israel and Iran weren't always about to go to war, but political analysts Dalia Dassa Kaye and Alireza Nader say the two countries were once informally allied, bound by their shared enemies. The downfall of Saddam Hussein's regime, Iran's quest for nuclear capabilities and the ongoing Arab Spring have helped sunder the alliance. Doug talks with Kaye and Nader on Wednesday about Israel and Iran's relationship and how they arrived at the brink of war.
- Read a report on Israel and Iran's friendship and rivalry by Dalia Dassa Kaye and Alireza Nader for the RAND Corporation.
- Nader and Kaye also co-authored this report: Coping with a Nuclearizing Iran
Music from today's RadioWest:
- "Reitschule" by Do Make Say Think
- "Skocne" by Black Ox Orkestar
- "Sleep: Murry Ostril [They Don't Sleep Anymore On The Beach], Monhelm, Broken Windows, Locks of Love Part III" by Godspeed You! Black Emperor