In 2000, a man in Moab left his life savings - $30 - in a phone booth and walked away. Twelve years later, Daniel Suelo enjoys an apparently full and sane life without money, credit, barter or government hand-outs, fulfilling a vision of the good life inspired by his spiritual guides: Jesus, Buddha and wandering Hindu monks. The writer Mark Sundeen has written a book that traces the path and the singular idea that led Suelo to his extreme lifestyle, and he joins Doug on Wednesday.
- Visit Daniel Suelo's blog.
- Learn more about Mark Sundeen's book.
- Mark Sundeen is giving a reading of his new book -- and he'll be joined by Daniel Suelo -- on Wednesday, March 14, at the King's English Bookshop in Salt Lake City. The event begins at 7 p.m. For more information, visit the King's English Web site.
- And Mark and Daniel will be in Moab, Utah, on March 19 for a reading for Back of Beyond Books at Star Hall at 7 p.m. Learn more about that event here.
- Check out a short video about Daniel Suelo.
Books and music from today's RadioWest: